Sunday, May 20, 2012

Young Author's Night


What a wonderful night we had celebrating my Kindergarten Friends' writing!

Here are some snapshots from our celebration:













I am tremendously proud of all of my students. 
They've all grown in so many ways this year. Their creativity and passion for writing inspire me daily!!!


One of my students from my very first year of teaching in Madeira came to visit. Macy asked me to come up to her 4th grade classroom to read her (amazing!) Young Author's book.



*love*


Macy has such a special place in my heart. I had the pleasure of being her preschool teacher for 2 years. 


Here she is in preschool:
(home visit)

(music unit)

Macy,
I love your passion for reading and writing,
your sweet smile,
your kind, thoughtful nature,
and so much more!
 I am very thankful that we had the chance to learn and laugh together. You will always have a special place in heart. I hope you continue to share your wonderful writing with me for years to come!
Love,

6 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I need to do something like this. Everything looks so great! I bet the parents loved it. Are these things from just the end of the year, or do you collect things throughout the year?

    Great job!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is one of my favorite events of the year! Most of of the items are from the end of the year (story problem, special memory books on shelf and on table, alphabet book, this plus that writing...). My students were so excited about our non-fiction writing unit and owl research book that I decided to hang on to these (from early April) to share at Young Author's Night. Thanks again for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful collection of writing! I am sure the parents appreciated all of the time and effort that went into it. I bet all of the students were proud too! How sweet of your student, Macy, to dedicate her book to you!

    Love your blog!

    * Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! What a great way to show off all of the hard work that has been accomplished and the students must be so proud! That was so sweet of your previous student to dedicate her book to you-precious!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the wonderful examples of your students' writing. The progress kids make is so satisfying to see. Congrats, Renee

    ReplyDelete