Thursday, May 17, 2012

This Plus That


I just knew the minute I read Amy Krouse Rosenthal's book This Plus That, that it would be the perfect mentor text for my kindergarten friends.


They loved the book... and coming up with their own 
THIS PLUS THAT statements. We brainstormed together, tried a few on our own, then each published our favorite.

Check out some their "little life equations"....




The funniest part was - as we were almost finished brainstorming together our school secretary walked in with a delivery from my husband,...


 which prompted my students to come up with... 
Mr. Rider + Mrs. Rider = true love
Oh my goodness... melt my heart!!!!


after brainstorming together we had "try-it" time...
 Rachel wrote Brownies + M&Ms + chocolate chips = yummy!

Then we each published our favorite one.
Here is the complete collection: 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free picture slideshow

Growing Writers + Great Mentor Texts = awesome writing!

It was a huge hit with my class last year too!

Check out their This Plus That equations HERE. 

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! People + love = marry

    I love kids!

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrsstanfordsclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cute! I can't wait to try them with my class next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Looking for this book on amazon now! Thanks

    Your newest follower,
    Stephany

    http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete