Thursday, May 24, 2012

Reading Challenge

At the beginning of May I proposed a Reading Challenge to my Kindergarten friends.

If they could work together to read 180 books
(the number of days we have Kindergarten)...
then I would throw them a pizza party.

They were SO EXCITED about the challenge. It was a wonderful way to keep my growing readers engaged for the last few weeks of school. 


I believe they ended up reading the 180 books in 8 or 9 days!!!!





WAY TO GO KINDERGARTEN FRIENDS!
I am SO proud of the great readers you have become.
Don't forget to sign up for the public library's reading challenge... and keep reading all summer long!! 


3 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! I love how interactive your bulletin board is. Have a great summer!

    Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I absolutely want to do this...I have 13 days of school left....so maybe a 10 day reading challenge.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a a lot of books! Congratulations to your kiddos! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete