Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mentor Texts for Writer's Workshop

Woohoo! 
Funky First Grade Fun is hosting a Mentor Text Link Up!

I am very passionate about Writer's Workshop and finding the perfect mentor texts to share with my Growing Writers. It is so exciting when my kindergarten friends reference mentor texts and discuss the choices that authors and illustrators have made.

It is way too difficult to choose a favorite, but 
I have it down to 10 that I am loving right now.
Ha!!

For speech bubbles and movement:


For drawing faces & showing a character's emotions:
My students love this book and reference it often! 
Check out our faces after reading it: All About Faces

for filling up the white space:

for number list books:


for alphabet list books (and details):

for special memories:

and
(also great for teaching about using descriptions to give the reader a clear picture of events/things)

for non-fiction:
(love Gail's use of text features)

and finally...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book

check out what we did with this AWESOME mentor text:
This Plus That Kindergarten Style


Here are some other Writer's Workshop ideas that I am loving on Pinterest:





I can't wait to see all of the mentor texts that you use!


Link up here:




No comments:

Post a Comment