Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Amy Krouse Rosenthal


Amy Krouse Rosenthal:
A Person Who Likes to Make Things

A couple of weeks ago my amazing Kindergarten team and I attended the Dublin Literacy Conference. There were many great speakers and I left feeling informed and inspired.
Hooray!

I had the pleasure of attending a class taught by one of my favorite children's authors: Amy Krouse Rosenthal. My class just LOVES Little Pea, Little Hoot, and Little Oink. We also enjoyed The OK Book, Duck! Rabbit!, and Spoon.
The books are absolutely adorable and have all become book box favorites!!!


Teachers: Click HERE if you'd like a Teacher's Guide for Little Pea, Little Hoot, and Little Oink.


During the class Amy shared her passion for making things.

She likes to make:
short movies
books
art
people happy
salads
wishes
something out of nothing
and much more!



Amy likes to celebrate life and make people smile. She is working on a special project called: The Beckoning of Lovely.


Amy shared several other short movies that she has made.

They all made me SMILE. I promise, you will find at least one that will make you smile too!


You can check out the movies (and find out more about Amy and her books) on her website:


Thank you, Amy, for your fun children's books, creative ideas, inspiring free spirit, and reminding me how fun it is to "just make stuff".

I look forward to seeing what my kindergarten friends make this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment